Real estate has always been a great investment strategy, with international holdings being some of the most valuable and most sought-after. Many people like to have a property abroad where they can spend their summers, use as a gathering place for their family, or even rent out for extra income. The barrier, however, can be in finding the right piece of real estate in the right place that can serve any or all of those purposes. Even with the advancement of the internet, it can still be difficult to find a place you really love and feel comfortable purchasing. We have some tips to make finding real estate for sale in Nicaragua, without the headache!
- Start with online listings. Starting online will give you a broad overview of all of the property available in Nicaragua. There will be tiny little shacks, empty lots, and large, beautiful, seaside mansions, all on sale. You will have to sift through what you don’t want in order to get to what you do want, but spending time doing this online will make it easier farther down the line.
- Narrow in on the locality you want to invest in. Nicaragua has many beautiful cities and towns to choose from, all of which offer valuable investments. If you want something by the ocean, look for coastal towns that fit your bill. If you want to live in the city, find a city that has everything you’re looking for.
- Contact a broker or agent. The best way to make sure you make the right investment is to contact a real person in Nicaragua as soon as you know what town or city you want to purchase in. They can help you find exactly what you want and need. And, with a personal knowledge of the area, they can even steer you towards some properties you might not have considered but which would fit your needs.
- Visit the country and the property. Before purchasing, it’s important to take a look at the property personally. Pictures on the internet can be deceiving, no matter how honest your broker is. Visit the location and make sure it really is what you want to purchase, or determine how much work it needs until it is just exactly what you want.
- Make sure you follow all of the international guidelines. There are special rules that must be followed by anyone purchasing real estate for sale in Nicaragua. In order to make sure that you adhere to those rules (including how much property you are allowed to bring with you into the country and what kind of visas you need), ask your broker or real estate agent for advice.
RE/MAX Coastal Properties is a RE/MAX Franchise located in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. We also offer property listing for owners who want to sell their property for the best price in the least amount of time with the highest quality of marketing and service.